Wow what a journey I've had since picking up a guitar in 2015
I'm truly blessed to have finally found my passion in life.
Albeit a bit late but hey if a bloke called Pete Murray can do it then so can I ;))
So far to date the highlights have been my debut single 'Brand New Day' being played nationally on Triple M Austereo and it reaching No 3 on the JJJ Unearthed Charts, the making of my debut video clip "I Like It Easy", playing the Coogee Food & Wine Fest to 1500 people and The For Our Farmers Donation Drive show for our weary farmers at Packsaddle Roadhouse!
2019 - Virgin Australia (my day job) kindly granted me a years leave to drive around this fine country of ours polishing up my gigging skills.
There were tonnes of unknowns including where most of my gigs were ; but one thing I do know is that I love what I'm doing more than anything in the world!
I intend to take you with me on an honest warts and all journey as I learn my craft and manage to bring more of my 40 + songs to life and meet some amazing Aussies along the way.
Much love MrHarvey :))
QUICK LICKS !
All songs written and produced by Nathan Harvey
Debut Video Clip & Other Youtube Live Videos
Triple M Austereo 2017
Publicity & Promotions
Morning Show Ch 7 Oct 2018
Woman's Day February 2019
Triple J Announcer Review
No 3 On JJJ Unearthed Charts
Television Showreel 1990 - 2000
National Airplay On Triple M / Austereo
Superheroes & Racing Cars Live To Air 2RRR Sydney
Busk For A Cure (Cancer) Newtown 2018
Wake Up Now (for White Ribbon Day)
Lots more videos on my video tab and youtube channel MrHarveyMusic
- MrHarvey - has to be written this way as another artist is Mr.Harvey
- Born - Manly, Sydney, 49yrs old
- Lives - No fixed address ATM but usually Sydney's, Inner West
- Lived - London 2 yrs, Barcelona 6 months. Gold Coast 8 years.
-Works - pushing planes back for Virgin Australia, good for singing practice as no one can hear me sing over the jets.
-Past work - well known model, TV presenter, Host and producer on Channel V for 5 years in the 90s, Major show announcer and audio desk operator at Sea World in the 2000,s and became professional waterskier there. Broke my neck waterskiing in 2010, have a metal plate in my neck.
- Sailed the Sydney - Hobart Yacht Race in 1989 as a forwardhand on "Hyperdrive" an Adams 13 metre; particularly rough year came 16th across the line.
- Played high level Rugby until the age of 18 including Warringah Reps U10's - U18's Warringah 1st Grade Colts coached by Enrique "Topo" Rodriguez , CHS 1st's and NSW Schoolboys 2nd XV 1989
- Mad keen surfer and snow skier and all water sports. Loves the ocean.
- Loves life and always trying to help people, a cancer / pig ; very emotional and an empath!
-Family - my parents are from Liverpool UK, my Dad was born during a Nazi bombing raid, my grandmother giving birth herself while my Grandfather was an anti aircraft gunner trying to shoot them down. They used to see The Beatles at the Cavern
-Music - Played drums as a teen and in a band called The Velvet Underpants whilst with Channel V with Ken Stewart from Mr Blonde and Anthony Ousback (MTV host) on guitar. Fun pisstake band.
Picked up a guitar in 2015 as a New Years resolution. Started writing in 2016 and can’t stop. Vomiting songs - Over 40 now written.
My plan is to release a better song each time and Ive got heaps better songs in lots of styles - keep em guessing.
- IMPORTANT POINTS
- Credibility and Integrity are everything to me; thus I'm touring the country to learn as much as I can and "learn my chops!"
- Pride myself on my lyrics. - wrote poetry as a kid
-Found my passion writing songs late in life; a second chance. Success is just a bonus. I’ll never stop writing and recording.
-All of my songs are honest from the heart and written by me.
- Influences - Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Elton John, Early Metallica, Fleetwood Mac, Queen, Dope Lemon, Hunters And Collectors, Prodigy, Rodriguez, Gomez, Smashing Pumpkins, Kings Of Leon, Tool, Nirvana, Blues, Deep House and World Music !
- Sounds Like - Jeez tricky - Ive been compared to everyone from Johnny Cash, Hoodoo Gurus, Social Distortion, John Williamson, Leonard Cohen, The Angels, Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, Violent Femmes to Kings Of Leon!
-Reviews - great one's on JJJ unearthed and on triple m homegrown!
-All songs written, produced and sung by Nathan Harvey. I will soon be releasing a new single called Superheroes and Racing Cars with an album planned for later this year.
-With 40 + original songs to choose from and a real groove starting in the studio it won’t be long before you hear them ENJOY !!!